Amazon Tours and
Cruises in Peru
The 2 main areas to do Amazon tours and cruises are:
- in the Iquitos area in the north (to places such as the Pacaya-Samiria and Tamshiyacu-Tahuayo Reserves)
- the Tambopata Reserve and the Manu Biosphere Reserve, which are in southern Peru.
- All of the cruises are done from the Iquitos area.
Both areas can provide good experiences. The best option just depends on what your interests are.
Iquitos Area Lodges and Cruises
Amazonia Lodge & Research Center - top-rated, most versatile, most flexibilityAmazon Trekking - as much adventure as you wantAmazon Canoeing - as long as you want, in native dugoutsAmazon Fishing - butterfly peacock bass, etc.
Treehouse Lodge - a new upscale lodge with cabins in the tree tops
Explorama Lodges - longtime favorites - Ceiba Tops, Explornapo
La Estrella Amazonica - leading 10 day nature cruise package
- Aqua Cruises - deluxe 4,5 or 8 days
- Aria Cruises - deluxe 4,5 or 8 days
Delfin Cruises - deluxe 4 or 5 days
- Cattleya Cruises - deluxe, small ship 4 and 5 days
Amatista Cruises - First Class, 4 or 6 days
Queen Violeta Cruises - moderate, 9 day package
Arapaima Cruises - moderate, 4-7 days
Tambopata Area Lodges
Reserva Amazonica - upscale
Sandoval Lake - combine with Heath River for variety
Posada Amazonas - family activities, soft adventure and wellness programs
Refugio Amazonas - family activities, soft adventure and wellness programs
Tambopata Research Center - remote with macaw lick, combines with Refugio Amazonas
- Heath River Lodge - Amazon + Savannah - macaw and mammal clay licks
- Hacienda Concepcion - value option
Manu Area Lodges