Explora Atacama - Hotel de Larache
Explora Atacama is an all-inclusive lodge situated just a few minutes’ walk from the town of San Pedro de Atacama. In the area surrounding the lodge, they have maintained the ancient pathways and buildings of an ancient Atacameño community.
There are 50 rooms housed in three long buildings, positioned to form a central square planted with large trees for ample shade. They are tastefully designed with wooden ceilings and floors made of stone and tiles. Each has a small living area, a hydromassage bath and beds designed for deep, pleasurable sleep after a day of exploration. Finally, we provide you with a unique treat: the rooms are television-free.On the fourth side of the square is the building which houses the lodge’s public spaces. The views from the lodge’s broad terraces enable you to enjoy Atacama’s vast chain of volcanic mountains.
The lodge has an extensive patio area totaling 1,700 meters2 (18,298 feet2). Within this area are four interconnected, outdoor swimming pools, two of them heated by solar panels. So, for those looking for the best Atacama hotels let us just add that in addition, we have saunas, steam baths, heated open-air jacuzzis and a self-service bar. This area has beautiful views. The deep silence is broken now and then by the songs of local birds.
About 200 meters (656 feet) from the lodge is a colonial adobe building which we have restored. After a tiring day of exploration or simply for the pleasure of it, you may come here and place yourself in the gifted hands of our experienced masseuse. In “Turi Puri”, which in Kunza means “House of Water”, you can enjoy various types of massage with essential oils, such as therapeutic, relaxing or energizing. This is a peaceful place to restore your energy and awaken your senses.
At their observatory, they share with you the unforgettable experience of exploring the Atacama night sky, one of the clearest on Earth and therefore one of the best locations for astronomy (low humidity, 300 sunny days a year and high altitude also helps). Located 100 meters (328 feet) from the central lodge building, the observatory has a powerful telescope, the Meade 16” f/10 LX200R Advanced RD, with advanced optics similar to a professional telescope and a primary mirror that is 40 centimeters (15.7 inches) in diameter with high resolution and great clarity, at 700x magnification. The guides are trained by the director of the ALMA Observatory.
Taking advantage of the warm waters of the Puritama river, they built eight pools fed by hot springs and connected by wooden walkways. This is a very special place and some of our explorations end here.
Their cuisine offers pure flavors based on the best-quality ingredients, many of which are produced locally. It is healthy and well-balanced, ideal for people going trekking, horseback riding or looking for a great Atacama restaurant while on other explorations.
Every day different excursions are offered: by bike, on foot, on horseback or in a group of max. 10 people by a minibus. All inclusive.
Long after you have returned home and long after you have forgotten about the creature comforts you enjoyed there, you will remember your guides, your walks, the camaraderie of your fellow guests, but most of all, this tremendous scenery. It is an environment conducive to experiencing that dream of a scenery to the fullest, summer or winter, 365 days a year.
Explora is offering this special benefit for you to explore later without the need to set your trip’s date and destination now. Until August 31, 2020, for every USD 1000 voucher you purchase, you will receive an extra USD 500 in credit. This travel voucher is a certificate that you purchase today to be used for future bookings at any of the Explora Hotels. It has a minimum cost of USD 1000, meaning that for every USD 1000 that you purchase, you get an extra USD 500 to use for purchase for your future stay.
Booking date: Until August 31, 2020
Travel date: Check-out until October 31, 2022.
- You can change your booking date twice up to 7 days before your check-in, with a new staying date with check-out until October 31, 2022.
- You can use the balance remaining in your voucher in hotel services, including massages, premium wines, optional explorations, etc.
- Once you have purchased your voucher, you can make your booking whenever you wish.
- Not valid for Christmas, New Year, Tapati, and Carnival holidays.
- Not valid for Torres del Paine and El Chaltén between November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
- Changes for stays ending on October 31, 2022 are allowed. No rescheduling stays after that date. - If there is a difference to pay, it must be paid 30 days before check-in.
Travel safe with Explora
Explora is offering a special and fully flexible travel insurance for only USD 180 per person, that will allow for last-minute booking reschedules or cancellations a full refund and no penalties. Forget all inconveniences. If your flight is cancelled, you have health issues, or other emergencies, you can look for the most convenient solution with full flexibility. This insurance is valid for all Explora Hotels.
- Booking cancellation or changes available up to 24 hours before check-in.
- This insurance is valid to be used only once.
- This insurance covers services rendered by explora only, not those by third-parties.
- Valid for force majeure events; grounded flights; border closures; traveler’s illness or risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Proof documents will be required for insurance activation.
- Once the rescheduling insurance has been used, the change and cancellation policies of the new booking will apply.
- The USD 180 cost of this travel insurance is per person.
- This insurance must be purchased at the time of booking.
- Not refundable or transferable.
Rates per person, double occupancy
Rates May 1-June 30, 2020 + April 4-30, 2021
Rates July 1 - Oct. 31, 2020:
Single supplement for above periods is 15%
Rates valid Nov. 1 - Dec. 21, 2020 + Jan. 2 - Feb. 11, 2021 + Feb. 21 - March 28, 2021:
Single supplement for above period is 34%
Rates valid Dec. 22, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021 + Feb. 12-20, 2021 + March 29 - April 3, 2021
Single supplement is 70%
Single supplement is 100%. Teen rate not applicable during holidays
Extra bed for those up to 12 is for sharing in parents room. Max. of 1 extra bed per room.Children under 3 are free
In addition to lodging and the various guided explorations on foot, horseback or bicycle as well as stargazing, rate includes: