Sibundoy Valley Spiritual Tour
The Sibundoy Valley is located in southwestern Colombia, near the border with Ecuador, and is mainly inhabited by indigenous ethnicities with a strongly preserved culture that keeps their traditions and ancestral medicine. This place was also the northern limit of the Inca empire where there was an important trade, especially of medicinal plants. You can see great landscapes in the mountains that surround the valley. You will also see an explosion of colors in the traditional costumes of the indigenous artists and famous paintings there. You can also share with spiritual leaders of the communities, experiencing spiritual and therapeutic rituals where “Yagé” (also known as Ayahuasca) is the most sacred plant fundamental for local cosmovision and can even have showers in hot springs.
DAY 1: (09:00) – Welcome in the city of Pasto by the local team, you will have a soft meal and then transfer to the Sibundoy Valley (3:30 hours), Once at Sibundoy, you will do a cultural tour in the intercultural park, viewing different local art pieces. Afterwards you will visit the local council in order to get to know about the local carnivals and cultural expressions in town. Late in the afternoon we will head to Colón (a small village) where you will check-in at the comfortable accommodation and will enjoy hot springs and mud therapy.
DAY 2: (07:00) Breakfast at the hotel and then transfer to a “Maloca” (Traditional indigenous meeting house) where you will be received by the “Taita” (spiritual authority) and you will have an energy cleanse ritual and will sit around the fireplace having a talk with the “Taita”, who will also will explain you about the healing powers of the plants. Afterwards you will do a tour at the botanical garden, where you will have a soft lunch and will have indications in order to be prepared for the Yagé ritual taking place at night, (which is not mandatory and those who don't want to partake in the ritual can witness it and then will be taken to the accommodation).
DAY 3: (08:00) Breakfast and free morning to rest, then you will visit the Inga and Camëntzá indigenous communities where you will share with the elders, getting to know about their traditional music and dances, tasting traditional dishes for lunch and learning to do handicrafts. At night you will be taken to visit an art gallery made by a recognized artist of the region who has collected wind instruments worldwide and makes a healing therapy with the sounds of nature. You will have an inner immersion and enjoy a cool relaxation by doing a deep meditation at night, then you will head to the hotel and will rest.
DAY 4: (07:00) Breakfast at the hotel and transfer at the appropriate hour for the flight from Pasto or ground transfer to other destinations near the area or even Ecuador.
*This is the longest suggested tour at the destination, but we also offer 2 & 3 days itineraries.
2023 group departure dates: JANUARY 06 - 09, MARCH
17 - 20, APRIL, 06 - 09, MAY 19 - 22, JUNE 09 - 12, 16 - 19, 30 - 03 Jul
2023 group departure Price: COP 1,850,000 per person in double occupancy
- Before a sale, it is necessary that you ask us if there is room in those group tours, as we need to confirm availability of accommodations, logistics and especially airplane tickets, as some destinations have limited flights per week.
- The group size depends on the destination, but we aim to have groups between 6-12 people on those trips, so people won't really find too large groups.
- The dates given here are guaranteed if the tour was sold, no matter if there are cancellations from other travelers. Likewise, special charges may apply if you cancel your attendance on those group dates.
- Most of the open group dates tours are with spanish-speaking guides, according to that, in case of needing a bilingual translator, we need to check availability of them and check the prices for it.
- Many of the travelers on open group dates are bilingüal (spanish - english), so sometimes people decide not to hire a translator as other travelers might help with the translation.
- The earlier the reservations can be made, a better price for the flight tickets can be given and it will be easier to confirm availability.
- Some destinations are closed for some weeks or even months during the year due to reasons like indigenous requests or authorities policies that are normally communicated in advance.
- We will always have the private tour option which also can be customized according to the traveler's needs.
2023 prices per person for private tours, subject to currency exchange fluctuations: with 1 person = US$1350, with 2 = US$838, with 3-5 = US$713, with 6-10 = US$531
EXTRAS AND OPTIONS FOR THE TRIP