Explora Rapa Nui
Hotel Posada de Mike Rapu has 30 rooms: 4 Raa Suites measuring 44 sq. mt. (474 sq. ft.) and 26 Varúa Rooms measuring 32 sq. mt (345 sq. ft.), all with a sitting area, hydromassage bath, and ocean view. The rooms extend toward the north and south from a central building with welcoming interior spaces that integrate aspects of the local culture.
• Connected rooms for family plan.
• Indoor and outdoor dining room, serving quality cuisine.
• Indoor-Outdoor Bar.
• Wine tastings.
• Room service.
• In-room phones with national and international direct dialing service.
• WiFi, Internet, and computers available in the bar area.
• Satellite dish providing permanent communication with Chile and the rest of the world.
• Gift Shop featuring explora apparel, books, local crafts, and a limited selection of outdoor gear and equipment.
• Meeting room with capacity for 30 travelers.
• Ceremonial patio.
• Laundry services.
Casa de Baños Hare Taheta:
• Outside pool.
• Massage rooms.
• Open air Jacuzzi.
There are programs of 3, 4, 5, 7 nights (trip duration subject to flight availability throughout the year).
• Roundtrip transfer between Easter Island airport and the posada.
• Full board. 3 meals per day. Bar.
• Daily explorations in groups no larger than 8, with bilingual guides and equipment. We offer treks, bicycle rides, and explorations at sea.
Changes and Cancellations
Any change to your confirmed reservation will be subject to availability and should be made at least 30 days before your arrival at the lodge.
The following are cancellation penalties applicable according to time of cancellation:
• 60 to 30 days prior to arrival at the hotel: US$ 200 per room.
• 29 to 10 days prior to arrival at the hotel: 30% of the total cost of the reservation.
• 9 to 0 days prior to arrival at the hotel: 100% of the total cost of the reservation.
When making a reservation for Christmas or New Year’s at Rapa Nui, the following conditions apply:
The full amount of the reservation will be required to confirm, payable within the deadline provided by our reservations department.
The penalty for cancellations will be:
• More than 90 days before arrival: No penalty.
• 90 to 61 days before arrival: 30% of the cost of the reservation.
• 60 to 0 days before arrival: 100% of the cost of the reservation
Explora is offering this special benefit for you to explore later without the need to set your trip’s date and destination now. Until August 31, 2020, for every USD 1000 voucher you purchase, you will receive an extra USD 500 in credit. This travel voucher is a certificate that you purchase today to be used for future bookings at any of the Explora Hotels. It has a minimum cost of USD 1000, meaning that for every USD 1000 that you purchase, you get an extra USD 500 to use for purchase for your future stay.
Booking date: Until August 31, 2020
Travel date: Check-out until October 31, 2022.
- You can change your booking date twice up to 7 days before your check-in, with a new staying date with check-out until October 31, 2022.
- You can use the balance remaining in your voucher in hotel services, including massages, premium wines, optional explorations, etc.
- Once you have purchased your voucher, you can make your booking whenever you wish.
- Not valid for Christmas, New Year, Tapati, and Carnival holidays.
- Not valid for Torres del Paine and El Chaltén between November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
- Changes for stays ending on October 31, 2022 are allowed. No rescheduling stays after that date. - If there is a difference to pay, it must be paid 30 days before check-in.
Travel safe with Explora
Explora is offering a special and fully flexible travel insurance for only USD 180 per person, that will allow for last-minute booking reschedules or cancellations a full refund and no penalties. Forget all inconveniences. If your flight is cancelled, you have health issues, or other emergencies, you can look for the most convenient solution with full flexibility. This insurance is valid for all Explora Hotels.
- Booking cancellation or changes available up to 24 hours before check-in.
- This insurance is valid to be used only once.
- This insurance covers services rendered by explora only, not those by third-parties.
- Valid for force majeure events; grounded flights; border closures; traveler’s illness or risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Proof documents will be required for insurance activation.
- Once the rescheduling insurance has been used, the change and cancellation policies of the new booking will apply.
- The USD 180 cost of this travel insurance is per person.
- This insurance must be purchased at the time of booking.
- Not refundable or transferable.
Rates per person in US$, valid May 1-Sept. 30, 2020 +
April 1-April 30,2021.
single supplement = 15%
Rates per person in US$, valid Oct. 1-Dec. 21, 2020 + Jan. 6-30, 2021 + Feb. 16-March 31, 2021.
single supplement = 34%
Rates per person in US$, valid Dec. 22, 2020 - Jan. 5, 2021 + Jan. 31 - Feb. 15, 2021
single supplement = 70%
Family Rates .
single surcharge = 100%
teen's rate not applicable during holidays
• Special rates for youngsters (up to 18 years old) accompanying their parents are subject to availability based in double, triple or quadruple occupancy. (Rapa Nui availability is based only in double occupancy)
• Additional bed for children (4 to 12 years old) sharing their parent’s room. Maximum one extra bed per room. (Rapa Nui only in Raa category)
• Children under the age of 3 complimentary when sharing room with their parents.
• For Christmas and New Year in Rapa Nui the minimum stay is 4 nights.
• Rates are per person expressed in USD dollars and subject to change without prior notice.
• Rates in USD dollars are tax exempt according to decree D.L 825 art. 12 for guests who are foreigners, not residents of Chile and pay in dollars.
• This information replaces and voids all previous communications.