Explora Rapa Nui
Explora Rapa Nui was highlighted among the top 25 hotels in South America in the Tripadvisor 2020 awards.
Hotel Posada de Mike Rapu has 30 rooms: 4 Raa Suites measuring 44 sq. mt. (474 sq. ft.) and 26 Varúa Rooms measuring 32 sq. mt (345 sq. ft.), all with a sitting area, hydromassage bath, and ocean view. The rooms extend toward the north and south from a central building with welcoming interior spaces that integrate aspects of the local culture.
• Connected rooms for family plan.
• Indoor and outdoor dining room, serving quality cuisine.
• Indoor-Outdoor Bar.
• Wine tastings.
• Room service.
• In-room phones with national and international direct dialing service.
• WiFi, Internet, and computers available in the bar area.
• Satellite dish providing permanent communication with Chile and the rest of the world.
• Gift Shop featuring explora apparel, books, local crafts, and a limited selection of outdoor gear and equipment.
• Meeting room with capacity for 30 travelers.
• Ceremonial patio.
• Laundry services.
Casa de Baños Hare Taheta:
• Outside pool.
• Massage rooms.
• Open air Jacuzzi.
There are programs of 3, 4, 5, 7 nights (trip duration subject to flight availability throughout the year).
• Roundtrip transfer between Easter Island airport and the posada.
• Full board. 3 meals per day. Bar.
• Daily explorations in groups no larger than 8, with bilingual guides and equipment. We offer treks, bicycle rides, and explorations at sea.
Only a 20% down-payment is required to confirm bookings. The remaining balance must be paid 30 days before check-in.
Payment policies for Holidays
When booking for periods defined as holidays, a 30% payment is required to confirm reservation, with the balance being paid 60 days before your check-in.
You can make changes to your booking without penalties up to 14 days before check-in, after which 100% of the reservation will be charged.
Booking changes for Holidays The periods defined as holidays to which these conditions.
• You may change your booking free of fines up to sixty (60) days before check-in.
The following fines apply:
• >60 or more days before check-in: No fines
• >59-30 days before check-in: 30% fine
• >29-0 days before check-in: 100% fine
You may cancel your booking up to 30 days before your check-in, free of fines. If you cancel your booking after that period, the following conditions apply:
• Cancellation 29-20 days before your checkin: 30% fine
• Cancellation 19-10 days before your checkin: 50% fine
• Cancellation 9-0 days before your check-in: 100% fine
For returns and refunds, a transaction fee will be charged depending on the payment method: 3% of the amount refunded for credit card payments and USD 25 for bank transfers.
Booking cancellation for Holidays
The periods defined as holidays to which these conditions. You may cancel your booking free of fines up to ninety (90) days before check-in.
The following fines apply:
• > 90 or more days before check-in: No fines
• > 89-60 days before check-in: 30% fine
• > 59-30 days before check-in: 50% fine
• > 29-0 days before check-in: 100% fine
Rates per person, double occupancy in US$, valid May 1-Sept. 30, 2023 + April 1-April 30,2024.
Rates per person, double occupancy in US$, valid Oct. 1-Dec. 21, 2023 + Jan. 2-30, 2024 + Feb. 16-March 31, 2024.
Rates per person, double occupancy in US$, valid Dec. 22, 2023 - Jan. 1, 2024 + Jan. 31 - Feb. 15, 2024
Child Rates .
single surcharge = 100%
teen's rate not applicable during holidays
• Special rates for youngsters (up to 18 years old) accompanying their parents are subject to availability based in double, triple or quadruple occupancy. (Rapa Nui availability is based only in double occupancy)
• Additional bed for children (4 to 12 years old) sharing their parent’s room. Maximum one extra bed per room. (Rapa Nui only in Raa category)
• Children under the age of 3 complimentary when sharing room with their parents.
• For Christmas and New Year in Rapa Nui the minimum stay is 4 nights.
• Rates are per person expressed in USD dollars and subject to change without prior notice.
• Rates in USD dollars are tax exempt according to decree D.L 825 art. 12 for guests who are foreigners, not residents of Chile and pay in dollars.
• This information replaces and voids all previous communications.