Manatee Amazon Explorer Cruises
After delivering many years of amazing Amazon experiences, the NEW MANATEE AMAZON EXPLORER which is expected to sail in July 2017! (so no sailings from Feb. 17 until July)
Visit two of the famous protected areas of eastern ECUADOR, the Yasuní National Park and the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. Come and enjoy a unique journey along the lush upper Napo River, one of the tributaries of the great Amazon River. We invite you to explore one of the world’s most diverse ecosystems, with its fascinating wildlife and stunning scenery. Experience the roar of howler monkeys, meet indigenous rainforest peoples and so much more on these 4,5 and 8 day cruises that depart every week on Mondays and Fridays. This is a moderately-priced and newly renovated boat.
In addition to our rainforest explorations, another important feature of the program will be our visits to the homes of forest residents. We will visit and learn what their lives are like, living on the edge of this vast trackless forest. A walk through their gardens is always interesting and we will learn their survival skills, which permit them to continue living in the complex tropical forest environment. Almost all forest dwellers collect plants for medicines and we will talk to them about which plants they collect and their uses. During our voyage you will have the opportunity to meet and interact with many different communities that live along the shores of the Napo River Basin.
"Glamping" as a new program highlight. Each camp is fully sealed and above ground on a wooden platform, and is equipped with comfortable beds, charming rustic furniture, and superior service. Our guests will be able to enjoy gourmet meals, champagne and hot showers in our tented camp area after an exciting nature walk.You may choose between four different camp sites (Cocaya, Jatum Cocha Yasuni, Huririma and Sani), where you can enjoy and explore the beautiful rainforest and its incredible biodiversity of plants and animals, such as the black caimans or otters. In the evening, a local guide will tell you exciting stories about adventures and the way of life in the magical amazon region. In the morning, travelers will go for a kayak excursion on the river and observe incredible wildlife. After a delicious breakfast, they will go back on board the Manatee Amazon Explorer.
1. You must wear a life vest during all boat and canoe trips.
2. Trained naturalist Guides offer advice, give informative talks and conduct all excursions.
3. There is an entrance fee to Yasuni National Park of USD 20 per person (subject to change) and must be paid by passengers directly.
4. The programs described are subject to change without notice, and can be operated in different sequences depending on climatic and operational conditions. All decisions are oriented in terms of passengers interest and safety.
5. For your comfort, bottled water is supplied during your stay, free of charge.
6. All meals are included in the cost of the program. Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are available at extra cost.
7. Electricity is 110 volts AC.
For all 2017 departures (July - December) on the new boat that are confirmed with deposit by June 30th, we are confirming at the 2017 Old Manatee rates. This represents savings of approximately 25% over the normal prices of the New Manatee. It is important to mention that restrictions for this offer state that once the departure is confirmed, no changes will be allowed in terms of departure date and all deposits paid will be nonrefundable
2017 rates per person for new Manatee Explorer:
*Child rate applies for each adult, ie 1 adult/1 child, 2 adults/2 children. If there are 3 children and 2 adults the third child will pay full adult rate.
Triple rate can only be applied if 3rd person is under 12
Glamping = $296 per person per night
Tariff Subject to change without previous notice, Prices are per person. A cancellation policy applies.
The Exploration Trips include:
• River Transportation.
• Accommodations in Single, Double or Triple Staterooms.
• All Meals (B, L, D), snacks, etc.
• Purified Water
• Excursions in the forest (all kind).
• Visits to Native Communities.
• Excursions Leaders (Biologists, Zoologists, Botanists, etc).
• Lectures by our Excursions Leaders.
Does Not Include:
• Air Fare Quito-Coca-Quito (currently US$200 but subject to change)
• Travel Insurance
• Bar Drinks, Soft Drinks
• Community entrance fees $ 70* (4 and 5 days) and $ 80* (8 days)
Extra charge for wi fi: $15 per cruise