Putumayo Jungle Tour
In Putumayo you can enjoy astonishing nature, swim in crystalline rivers, do tubing on big rivers such as the Caquetá river and hike surrounded by a green well-preserved jungle full of birds, butterflies, monkeys and other endemic species. You can also visit indigenous and rural communities, where you can learn about their culture, rituals and cosmovision, having authentic experiences we have designed for you at this great destination.
DAY 1: (9:00- 13:00) – Estimated arrival to the Villagarzón airport or arrival by road and welcoming by the local team of the region, then private transfer to Mocoa, check-in at the Dantayaco ecolodge and lunch. On this first day you will visit Suruma park, which is a complex of rescued amazon fauna and endemic flora of the region. At night you will be picked up and taken to a special amazon dishes restaurant where you will enjoy a well prepared and served dinner cooked by an expert chef, with the possibility of ending with a nice cocktail made with endemic amazon fruits.
DAY 2: (7:00 AM) – Breakfast, and after that, you will be taken to the village of Puerto Limón, which is a town next to the Caquetá River inhabited by indigenous and black communities, making a great mix of culture and gastronomy. Once there you will be taken by boat up the big Caquetá River towards La Honda waterfall, passing by a pristine jungle. On the way back, you will have the option to get back to the town by tubing, which is a really adventurous experience in this powerful river. Once in Puerto Limón you will enjoy a traditional lunch and will explore the town before getting back to the ecolodge.
DAY 3: (8:00 AM) – Breakfast at the hotel and after that you will start a hike towards El Fin del Mundo (the end of the world) protected area, which is a natural place with trails full of birds, dense vegetation with ancient trees and several streams of water in clear-water creeks that end in an 80 meter waterfall, which gives the name to this place. You will have lunch in a typical restaurant located inside the protected area and then will hike back to the rural hotel enjoying the sunset on the way, listening to birds and having dinner and rest at the ecolodge at night.
DAY 4: (7:00 AM) – Breakfast and after that you will have a 10 minute ride to a point where you will start a trek towards Hornoyaco waterfall. This is a 2-hours jungle trek that will end in a stunning 60 meter waterfall with fresh water where you can swim and refresh. After some moments there, we will hike back to the road, will have lunch and then will take transportation towards Mandiyaco canyon, where you can explore a place where the Mandiyaco river narrows in rock formations forming a beautiful landscape there. At the end of the afternoon you will get back to the hotel and will have dinner there.
DAY 5: (7:00 AM) – Breakfast, then you will be taken to the village of Vides, home to the purest river of Putumayo which has a green emerald-like color. Once there you can enjoy a great shower in the river surrounded by pristine and well-preserved jungle where you will have lunch and the time to talk and interact with locals about their process of overcoming the conflict and how ecotourism has given great opportunities to rural communities in the region and will end the day at the Villagarzón airport.
*This is the longest suggested tour at the destination, but we also offer 4 days itineraries
Interested in a more spiritually oriented tour?
See the Sibundoy Valley Tour
2023 Group dates for 4 day tour: JANUARY 06 - 09, FEBRUARY
17 - 20, MARCH 17 - 20, APRIL 06 - 09, MAY 19 - 22, JUNE 09 - 12,
16 - 19, 30 - 03 Jul Private departures available on other dates
Group departure price: COP 1,687,500 per person in double occupancy.
- Before a sale, it is necessary that you ask us if there is room in those group tours, as we need to confirm availability of accommodations, logistics and especially airplane tickets, as some destinations have limited flights per week.
- The group size depends on the destination, but we aim to have groups between 6-12 people on those trips, so people won't really find too large groups.
- The dates given here are guaranteed if the tour was sold, no matter if there are cancellations from other travelers. Likewise, special charges may apply if you cancel your attendance on those open group dates.
- Most of the open group dates tours are with spanish-speaking guides, according to that, in case of needing a bilingual translator, we need to check availability of them and check the prices for it.
- Many of the travelers on open group dates are bilingüal (spanish - english), so sometimes people decide not to hire a translator as other travelers might help with the translation.
- The earlier the reservations can be made, as a better price for the flight tickets can be given and it will be easier to confirm availability.
- Some destinations are closed for some weeks or even months during the year due to reasons like indigenous requests or authorities policies that are normally communicated in advance.
- We will always have the private tour option which also can be customized according to the traveler's needs.
2023 price per person in US for private tours: (subject to fluctuations in currency exchange)
• Pick-up from the Villagarzon airport / Mocoa to the ecolodge & back.
• Visit of Suruma wildlife rescue center.
• Trek to Honoyaco waterfall.
• Visit of Mandiyaco canyon.
• Tubing on the Caquetá river at Puerto Limón.
• Hike around Fin del Mundo protected area.
• Visit of Vides village and its green emerald-like waters.
• All the private ground transports at the area.
• All the meals during the 5 days trip.
• Local Spanish-speaking guides (1 guide for every 12 people).
• Medical Assistance Card.
. 4 nights accommodation is only available in basic cabins or comfortable ecolodges upon availability
• Tips, snacks & souvenirs
EXTRAS AND OPTIONS:
• Option of organizing specialized activities such as bird-watching, herpetology, specific fauna observation, among others.
• Option of having a special room or private personal room for extra charge
• Other languages speaking guides or translators (For this we need to confirm availability of guides).
• Flights or ground transportation to & from Villagarzón / Mocoa.