Polylepis Lodge - A Luxury Lodge in the Ecuadorian Highlands
POLYLEPIS LODGE is a private reserve perched at 3,581 meters above sea level. Through ecotourism, they safeguard the world's last ancient Polylepis forest. Additionally, the presence of the Frailejón, an endemic plant of the El Ángel Ecological Reserve, adds to the the unique scenic beauty of the Ecuadorian highlands, where these two distinct ecosystems coexist in harmony.
“A place for nature lovers”
Located 160 km north of Quito, in the heart of the Ecuadorian Andes, Polylepis Lodge is a luxury establishment featuring panoramic rooms with direct views of nature. All rooms feature a private jacuzzi and are designed for two or more people, making them ideal for special or romantic occasions.
They offer a restaurant, spa (with box baths, sauna, Turkish bath, polar pool, and a panoramic jacuzzi with hydromassage), as well as a serene space for relaxation beside a grand fireplace with cafeteria service.
Spectacular tours allow visitors to immerse themselves in this marvelous ecosystem. Activities include exploring waterfalls, lagoons, rivers, and the unique flora and fauna endemic to the region. Guests can also enjoy the thrill of the highest swing in Ecuador, participate in healing and purification rituals, uncover mystical legends, and engage in numerous other activities that guarantee a dream stay.
Polylepis forests grow at high altitude, and are vital for protecting the water security. The trees and their root systems slow the movement of glacial meltwater, ensuring its slow release into rivers and streams throughout the year. Their branches also effectively comb and harvest mists and precipitation from the clouds. As a result, permanent streams are created. This is vital for agriculture in mountainous areas, but also for lowland towns and villages where glacial meltwater is a key source of water. The trees also prevent soil erosion and flooding, protecting homes and livelihoods. Unfortunately though, only a few Polylepis forests remain – making their conservation of utmost importance.
ACCOMMODATION PACKAGE INCLUDES
• Welcome Zunfo (a non-alcoholic energy drink)
• Exclusive accommodation in the chosen room type
• Healing and purification ritual (using moor water/healing water)
• One breakfast per person (night with a cost)
• Access to the restaurant and cafeteria area featuring updated gourmet Ecuadorian gastronomic specialties menu
• SPA EXPERIENCE (Turkish bath, sauna, hydromassage, polar pool, and box baths; massages not included)
• Guided walk through the Millennial Primary Forest of Polylepis, also known as the Forest of Life
• Walk to the Frailejones moor, another unique ecosystem here
• An evening torch walk, also known as the Walk of Love, where you can seal a promise of love with the thread of destiny
• Visit to the photographic museum of paramo mammal rodents "
• Visit to the archaeological museum of culture "Pastos"
• Native guide
• NEW Sky Swing! Experience the highest swing in Ecuador, situated at 4,000 meters above sea level, surrounded by Frailejones and offering unparalleled views
• All beds are equipped with electric thermo blankets
• Ecological heating system in the room with an open fire
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS. - Children aged 3 to 11 years old, guides, and drivers receive a 50% discount on the rate. Infants aged 0-2 are free.
Legal taxes, alcoholic beverages, tips, and additional services not specified in the rate (massages, horseback riding, souvenirs, etc.).
RESERVATION POLICIES To confirm your reservation, a 50% deposit of the total amount is required. Reservations are not guaranteed without this deposit. Last-minute reservations (up to 24 hours before check-in) must pay the full value of the reservation.
CHANGE OF RESERVATION DATE Date changes can be made up to 30 days in advance at no additional cost, subject to hotel availability.
• If the change is made 15 to 30 days in advance, a 10% fee of the reservation deposit will apply.
• If the change is made 8 to 15 days in advance, a 20% fee of the reservation deposit will apply.
• Changes made less than 8 days in advance will result in a 50% fee of the reservation deposit.
CANCELLATION OF THE RESERVATION:
• Polylepis Lodge does not have refund policies.
• If you cancel the reservation more than 30 days in advance, there will be no additional cost.
• If you cancel the reservation within 30 days, you will lose the entire reservation deposit.