Ilha Grande Tours
Ilha Grande (Big Island) has 86 tropical beaches, rivers, crystal clear lagoons, waterfalls, plains, mountains and peaks spread out over 193 square kilometers. The island Isla Grande has no roads and no private cars but many hiking trails that link to the beaches. It is 125 kilometers from Rio de Janeiro and 1/3 of its scenic beauty of rugged landscapes with luxuriant vegetation is a State Park. Atlantic Rainforest covers approximately half of the island. The island is reached by a 1.5 hour car ride from Rio de Janeiro to the port of Mangaratiba, followed by a 45 minute ferry ride.
ILHA GRANDE PACKAGE - REGULAR TRANSFERS
- 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
Sample 2017 Prices per person in US$ :
.* Reception in Ilha Grande upon arrival by guides specialized in the following languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish and French. Italian and German are on request;
* Luggage transportation is included in the arrival and in the departure and it’s made in trolley cars;
* The taxi boat Lopes Mendes, consists in a regular sea transfer from Vila do Abraão to the Pouso Beach and vice versa. From Pouso Beach, the clients walk about 20/30 minutes to get to Lopes Mendes Beach (2.400m of beach). Daily departures at 10:00/10:30. Return at 15:00/16:00.
* Free Policy: 1 child until 5 years old is free if accommodated in the parent’s room.
* Payment Policy: pre payment. Information will be given at the package conformation;
* Cancellation Policy: according to the policy of each Inn. Information will be given at the package conformation.
* Meals and extra services are under request.
* Ilha Grande doesn’t have any banks or electronic cashier.
We can arrange guided hikes to various beaches if you like.
SPECIAL NOTE: other pousadas available
* Prices are not valid for New Year, Carnival or Holidays;
* In this package, the land transfers are in a car with air and specialized drivers speaking Portuguese;
* Boat schedule in general information – regular package only by Mangaratiba;
* We can make the pick up or drop off in Paraty with no extra cost;
* Prices subject to change without further notice in case of big economic changes in Brazil.
* The sea transfers are in a regular boat (1:30h / per crossing).
Time table – REGULAR departures to Ilha Grande at Vila do Abraão (via Conceição de Jacareí harbor):
Pick up at hotels or airports Rio de Janeiro to Ilha Grande (daily):
ETD 07:30 ETA 10:45 at Vila do Abraão
ETD 11:30 ETA 14:45 at Vila do Abraão
ETD 15:00 ETA 18:45 at Vila do Abraão
Drop off at airports or hotels in Rio (daily):
12:00/12:30 – From Vila do Abraão on 09:00 boat
15:00/15:30 – From Vila do Abraão on 12:00 boat
20:00/20:30 – From Vila do Abraão on 17:30 boat
Pick up at Paraty to Ilha Grande:
ETD 08:30 ETA 11:30 at Vila do Abraão
Drop off at Paraty:
ETD from Vila do Abraão 09:00 or 10:00 ETA at 12:00 or 13:00 at Paraty
4 Days - 3 Nights
DAY 1 – Origin–Río de Janeiro– Ilha Grande.
Airport arrival at Rio de Janeiro and transfer by road to the coastal town of Conceição de Jacareí. There a flexboat will be waiting to
transport us to Vila do Abraão, the only town in Ilha Grande. We will check in at our hotel and begin to experience the nice and peaceful atmosphere of the island. Accommodation.
DAY 2–Ilha Grande (B, L).
Departure to Pouso Beach at Enseada de Palmas by walking or on a schooner. From this beach we go on a trail (15/20 minutes)
towards Lopes Mendes beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With its fine white sands and crystal clear waters, the beach captivates all visitors. This beach receives waves that appeal to swimmers as well as experienced surfers. It is 2.4 kilometers long and at the end it has a beautiful and clean stream, as well as a charming chapel and a mosaic by Silvio Cavalheiro on an old ship barrel. We then return to Pouso beach to catch our taxi boat back to Vila do Abraão.
DAY 3–Ilha Grande (B).
Departure by boat to Feiticeira beach, a small and delightful beach at the Estrelas bay. On this beach, free time to swim or walk to the Feiticeira waterfall. We will continue through the Saco do Céu, a true ecological sanctuary. Its mangroves that form a habitat for various species. At night on this lovely bay, it is possible to
admire the reflection of stars on the surface of the water. That is why it has that name of Stars (Estrelas) beach. We’ll stop at Fora beach with its fishermen houses and rustic restaurants along the river that ends at Perequê beach.
DAY 4–Ilha Grande–Río de Janeiro– Destination (B).
Transfer by road to the airport of Rio de Janeiro for departure to our next destination.
2017 Prcies per person in US$:
HIGH: January to March and December.
LOW: April to November.
For the following dates, prices are ON REQUEST: New Year's Eve (Dec 30 to Jan 03), Carnival (Feb 24 to Mar 01), Easter Holidays (Apr 13 to 16), Tiradentes (Apr 20 to 23), Worker's Day (Apr 28 to May 02), Corpus (Jun 15 to 18), Independence (Sep 07 to 10), Aparecida (Oct 12 to 15), All Souls (Nov 02 to 05), Republic Proclamation Day (Nov 12 to 19) and Christmas (Dec 20 to 26).