Why are they so popular?
- because they have flights at least 1 way, you save time and avoid rough seas and storms in the Drake Passage
- that is all they do. They pioneered the concept and have completed far more departures than any other company
- even their largest ship only carries a maximum of 71 passengers, so embarkation is fast and efficient and everyone can fit on one plane. Larger ships have to use two planes
- they have at least 12 professional polar guides to provide an excellent staff to traveler ratio
- they have a specially designed vehicle for land excursions
- it is more like a private yacht than a cruise ship
- it is easier to combine with a Chile itinerary than ships that start and end in Ushuaia