2 shifts for visiting Machu Picchu.
- First entrance shift: from 06:00 AM until 12:00 noon.
- Second schedule shift: from 12:00 pm until 4:30 pm.
An important restriction which starts on July 1st 2017 is the re-entry to the ruins on the same day. This will only be allowed if it’s done before 4 hours after the 1st entry.
- 2 shifts : (i) 6am to 12pm and (ii) 12pm to 4:30pm
- It is mandatory that all passengers enter the sanctuary accompanied by a guide. If they go for a second visit the next day, they must present their first entry ticket so that they can enter without a guide.
- Each guide will have a max. of 16 visitors
- Visits should not exceed 4 hours
- During the trial period (from July 1st to October 31st) entry hours will be flexible, with a 2-hour margin before and after noon. This means that if the passenger has an entry ticket for the evening, he will be able to enter the citadel since 10:00am. If the entry ticket is for the morning, he may enter until 14:00.
- Passengers that have a guided tour and want to leave the sanctuary, for lunch or any other activity, will not be able to re-enter.
- Passengers that go to Huayna Picchu will not have schedule or permanence restrictions.
- Measures will become stricter during November and December.
- new tickets -which will be under the new regulation starting July 1st- will be sold starting May 29th.
- The cost of the admission will be the same for the morning or evening tickets.
- Permanent rules within the sanctuary will be controlled starting January, 2018. The evening schedule will remain during all 2018.
So, I imagine there will be changes in the train schedules too, in order to make travel more efficient. I'll find out soon!'